Enter 2016 BES
Entries are now live for all riders to enter any number of events in the series.
All entries will be on line only and priced at £75.00 per round plus booking fee.
Entries will be open to all riders. There will be no prerequisite to have a racing licence or membership from a cycling governing body. Neither will you require your own personal accident insurance, though we do recommend it. See more information HERE.
Entry is on line through the Active Network Website. The entry link is HERE.
Category Racing Order: Please note we will have a 5 minute gap between each category to ensure the first riders off from the next category do not catch anyone up from the previous category.
- Elite Women – Riders in the year of their 19th birthday or onwards. Riders eligible on a performance related basis. Please contact Event Director Si Paton.
- Women – Riders in the year of their 17th birthday or onwards.
- Hardtail – Riders in the year of their 17th birthday or onwards
- Youth Men – Riders in the year of their 15th or 16th birthdays.
- Junior Men– Riders in the year of their 17th or 18th birthdays.
- Grand Veterans – Riders in the year of their 50th birthday and onwards.
- Veterans – Riders in the year of their 40th to 49th birthdays.
- Masters – Riders in the year of their 30th to 39th birthdays.
- Senior – Riders in the year of their 19th to 29th birthdays.
- Elite Men – Riders in the year of their 19th birthday or onwards. Riders eligible on a performance related basis. Please contact Event Director Si Paton.
Q. If I race on a hard tail do I have to enter the hard tail category? A. There is a specific hard tail category. If you choose you can enter your age category, please note that your points awarded from your results will be for that category.
Q. Why is there no e-Bike category? A. A number of land owners and the insurance company have questioned if we can guarantee that the e-bikes raced will conform to current legislation. The answer to that question is that we can not guarantee they are and therefore the category has been omitted.
Q. Do I have to enter all five events? A. You can enter one or as many events as you like.
Q. Do I have to race both days? A. Yes, you must race both days.
Q. What if I miss sign on, on the Saturday? A. You will not be allowed to practice or race.
Q. If I provide a marshal, will I get a free entry? A. You will have to enter yourself into the event. The transactions with marshals shall be a separate matter.
Q. If the event is sold out, will there be a reserve list? Apologies no.
Q. Can my coach come around the transitions and stages during practice? A. No to both transitions and stages. We can not allow unidentifiable riders that have not paid to ride the stages during practice. This would be unfair to paying riders who would expect stages and the track dedicated solely to racers on the day.
We would also recommend all riders competing in the Cannondale British Enduro Series to have raced at least one Enduro event prior to to the event.